Founded in 2012, Body Politic is an Oxford-based company that specialises in Street Dance, Fitness and Yoga classes. We run a wide variety of regular classes and workshops in Oxford for all ages and abilities.
In addition to our regular timetable of classes, Body Politic has entered an exciting stage of their professional development; creating professional work for the stage and touring. Body Politic is committed to addressing the growing prevalence of mental health issues in young people.
We aspire to…
- make high quality dance accessible to everyone
- build a strong sustainable and well managed organisation
- provide and promote participatory arts programmes which reach children and young people and include those that are vulnerable, at risk or excluded
- expand and grow our participation work with mental health charities and health care professionals.
- dance can inspire everyone in many ways.
- collaboration is the key to success.
- in the power of dance to improve emotional and physical wellbeing in individuals.
- in being open to new ideas, new people & partnerships and new ways of working.
Our Artistic Values
We provide a nurturing, enriching and supportive environment which...
- places people at the heart of its work.
- works with individuals from all backgrounds and ages to improve self-confidence and self-esteem through dance.
- engages diverse audiences in innovative issue-based professional dance work.
- creates exciting and empowering opportunities for people within theatre and dance.